Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Answers in red

1. Good Afternoon Dr., where did you go to school?
I went to Metropolitan University and received a Doctor of Psychology from Columbia University’s school of psychology. I then went to the university of Chicago and received a master in social work.

2. Can you explain what social work exactly is?
Well, in order to receive such a degree you must have done extensive stuffy in sociology anthropology, etc. I specifically did a lot of study on the family dynamic. I thesis had to do with the negative results of divorce in all spectrums of the family order.

3. What did you do after school?
I worked with DYFS where I studied divorce further.

4. What do you do now?
I have since then opened my own practice.

5. How well do you know the defendant?
Very well.

6. How well did you know the deceased?
Very well.

7. How did you observe Chris?
Well at times I interacted with Chris simply as a family friend. At other times I would watch him as a psychologist because the fact that his mother was a world famous athlete made him a very interesting case study.

8. Do you have any advantages seeing them in both spectrums?
Oh certainly, with most of patients I only see them twice a week and never know for sure what actually is going on at home. Being both a friend and a trained psychologist has made me be able to see Chris in his interpersonal relationships from which I would not be able to draw if I had only spoken with him individually once a week.

9. And the defendant?
Very well.

10. As a friend, how was Avery as a mother?
Avery was an exceptionally loving mother at points. I saw her try and push Chris by she would frequently tell me that she just wanted him to succeed.

11. As a friend, did you ever see Chris speak of his mother?
Yes, he spoke very highly of her

12. As a psychologist, what did you think when you heard that?
Well I saw it was a great thing that a son would love his mother even though a lot of pressure was placed on him just because of Doc’s position. Very often the child hates the parent when he/she feels such immense pressure on them.

13. Where did that pressure come from?
Well society. Take a great violinist and give him a son. Society automatically expects him to be exceptionally musically talented. When he doesn’t

14. Is there anything from Chris’s life that supports this conclusion?
His grades began to slack

15. In your expert opinion, is it likely that a child life Chris who admires his father, as Chris did, put his life on the line to reach the standards set for him?
Yes very much so.

16. As a friend, did you ever see Avery foster such feelings?
No, I never did

17. Did the defendant ever enable him in an unhealthy manner?
No

18. As a friend you saw Chris’s accomplishments. As a psychologist do you see any reason that the defendant would try to live her dream through him?
No, he was far more accomplished than most I knew.
19. In your professional opinion, was the pressure set on him by society a large enough reason to push the defendant to life-threatening means?
Yes

20. Are you biased?

21. How can the jury know you are not?

No comments: